An innovative and passionate start-up with big plans for both Product and Team growth. They’ve identified a problem and have created a solution for businesses with a high traffic of data that nobody else has managed to figure out.
They’re already providing to businesses globally and are looking to put a drive on supplying to a wider market, venturing into new sectors and parts of the world with an ever-improving SaaS platform.
They have a vibrant and collaborative environment with the freedom to create. Ideas are shared daily and valuable ideas are explored and often implemented. They have a bright and flexible co-working space with a really close-knit and supportive team of smart people.
As the Senior Designer in a small team of User Centered Technologists, you will take the lead on all Design decisions for the growing start-up.
You will be supported by a Junior Product Designer and a Mid-Weight Product Designer and will be building out new features for an innovative SaaS platform turning complex problems into simple, appealing and usable solutions for businesses globally.
You will own the end-to-end Design of the product, from Research through to liaison with Engineering to build and deliver.
You will have to opportunity to grow a team and massively influence the direction of the product, and therefore the business in a Design led business.
Your day to day will see you:
- Brainstorming, working with Product Managers, Senior Management, Engineering and other Designers to flesh out brand new ideas for features
- Initial user and competitor Research and analysis - both qual and quant user research activities, from identifying best methods and research candidates to creating research materials and carrying out research activities
- All UX and UI Deliverables (wireframing, prototyping, user journeys and personas, icon and typography, building design systems, functional interfaces etc.)
- Usability and A/B testing
- Handover, delivery and iterating alongside Engineers
Ideally you will need to have 3+ years’ experience in Product Design, with a knack for making complex information and problems look and feel simple.
You will have a strong B2B background, ideally working on data heavy SaaS platforms.
As you will be mentoring a Junior Designer, it’s important that you’re a team player, ideally with some prior leadership experience.
In a nutshell, you will need to demonstrate experience of the following:
- User and competitor research and analysis
- User testing
- Creating user journeys and maps
- A modern eye for visual designs
- Experience of building or re-building entire design systems and libraries would be a bonus
You will be paid up to £70,000 alongside fantastic flexibility, there are no set hours here, as long as the output is sufficient you can come and go as you please (within reason of course), flexibility on working from home, with them being a small team at the moment it would be really nice for the team to have someone in the office 3 days a week but 2 days from home is fine, pension, holidays, bonus are on offer and they’re in the process of adding shares options to the list of perks!