Head of Software Development – Central London/ Hemel Hempstead – Up to £75K
I am working with a leading organisation based in Central London who are on the lookout for a Head of Software Development to lead, manage and support several agile sprint teams.
This is a great opportunity for someone to work with a leading financial business who have been established for well over 50 years!
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- To be a key member of the Senior IT Management team and contribute to the future vision of IT
- To lead & manage a team of senior software developers & software developers. Line management responsibilities will include technical recruitment, appraisals, 121 meetings, identifying training needs, motivating & performance managing the team.
- To review sprint delivery and monitor the performance of all team members.
- To facilitate the smooth delivery of all projects & support delivered by the team.
- To have a clear task list & plan for inducting new members into the team & on boarding them as quickly as possible.
- To drive consistent standards & approaches throughout the teams.
- To ensure that all code is well structured, clean and maintainable by the dev teams under your supervision.
- To deliver software which is well tested & consistently error free.
- Proven experience of leading a team of developers in a multi-site setting.
- Experience managing near shore resources and relationships.
- Experience managing, directing & motivating staff to deliver projects with stretching scope & objectives.
- Proactive, self-starter & highly organised, with strong time management & planning skills.
- Technical & Architectural experience delivering cross platform software solutions and functionality across web, mobile devices (Android & iOS) and API interfaces.
- Experience with containerisation (Docker/Kubernetes), and cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud).
- Agile and LeSS experience.
- Understanding of DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience within a financial services firm an advantage
- Experience with the Atlassian Toolset an advantage
What you can expect in return:
- Basic Salary up to £75,000 (DOE)
- Holiday 25 days plus bank holidays. Holiday increases by 1 day per calendar year served up to 28 days.
- Private Medical Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- *Life Assurance and Income Protection
- *Subsidized Gym Membership
- *Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- *Salary sacrifice Pension, Childcare Voucher and Cycle to Work schemes