A well-established and top-rated online B2C marketplace with a close-knit, passionate Product Team are looking for someone to take charge of their Product Design and enhance their Users Experiences.
You’ll work alongside Product Managers and Senior Stakeholders in a fast-paced team owning the Design function of the web-based platform with users at the forefront of everything you do. You’ll be working directly with end users, deciphering pain points and opportunities to improve offerings.
Ideally, you’ll have some experience of mobile app design as well as responsive web design as you’ll be working on a greenfield project bringing the business to our hand-held devices.
As the sole designer, you’ll need to be experienced enough to not only take and deliver on a brief, but to build briefs using quantitative data and insights, create concepts, build and iterate.
As you will be the first in house Designer, you will need to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Digital Product Design.
- Solid user research, identifying candidates and facilitating workshops, user interviews, creating surveys and analysis of results.
- Wireframing and Prototyping
- User testing, A/B testing and post-launch improvements (monitoring efficiencies and KPI’s)
- User Interface and visual Design including branding, layout, content, typography etc.
- An understanding of Frontend Development (you’ll never have to code, but understanding what can and cannot be brought to life is important)
- Strong stakeholder management
THE PERFECT FIT
The ideal candidate will have worked in a small, start-up environment and will have an understanding of Product Management and Frontend Development. You will be involved in new projects and product offerings so being confident presenting/pitching ideas to management would be a big bonus.
You should be passionate about UCD with a methodical, iterative, but not linear approach to achieving results.
We need someone who is comfortable in both UX and UI design, the main focus is on the User Experience although you’ll be building out UI toolkit’s and libraries.
Dependent on experience, you’ll be looking at a salary between £40 – 60K with a generous bonus on top. Pension contributions (5%), huge personal development opportunities with support throughout, flexible working hours and one remote working day per week, regular social incentives and free tickets to entertainment events.