Senior Software Engineer – NodeJS / React / TypeScript – Completely Greenfield Project
Between £80,000 – £95,000 per annum (DOE) + Equity
Central London (remote options available)
Amicus Recruitment are delighted to be working with one of London’s top AI & Machine Learning tech businesses that are using AI to help improve the way accidents and disasters (affecting hundreds of millions of people every year) are dealt with to help solve real level human problems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing AI tech business who are launching a new product and require some talented developers to plan out their product road map for the next 12 months and further. In this specific team, you will be their first engineering hire working alongside the product manager and will help define the architecture and product roadmap for the team.
You will need to have a keen eye for product engineering, not just technology. As this is an integral hire, it is vital you have a strong blend of both product experience and be someone who loves getting hands on with the latest and greatest technology within full stack development. One of your key responsibilities will be designing and owning new product features so you will need to know the business value of the product you will be working on.
What you will be doing:
This is an incredibly exciting role as it is well and truly greenfield. This means you will have full scope and autonomy to join the business and build something brand new from the ground up, recommend and implement relevant technologies you see fit for the project, drive best practices, and help lead your own team.
The applications you’d get the chance to build will be deployed to the real world, acting on vehicles in real-time and inspiring confidence to the company’s users.
You will be:
- Hands-on with coding and developing the product and playing a key part in the future direction of a brand new product.
- Responsible for leading a small team of developers and providing technical expertise and mentorship (prior experience leading a team is not essential, this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience in leading a team)
- Working closely with the Research and Product teams to understand the context and design of new features.
- Defining the technical architecture and product roadmap for the new product and leading its implementation
Key skills and experience needed:
- Strong programming experience (in any OO language) and experience working across the full stack – Ideally Node (would consider Python, Java or Golang)
- Experience on frontend frameworks – ideally React.
- Hands on experience with TypeScript and GraphQL.
- Track record of building customer focused products and their end-to-end delivery
- Proven track record with architectural design of complex systems
- Proven track record with introducing / driving engineering best practices and processes.
Competitive salary of between £80,000 - £100,000 per annum, 6-month salary reviews, Equity, Pension scheme, Bupa private healthcare (full coverage), Flexible hours & 2/3 days WFH per week, Learning and Development budget, Competitive maternity + paternity leave.