Senior Java Software Engineer
£70,000 - £80,000 per annum
1-2 days remote working & flexi time options available
I’m working with a Wealth Management company based in central London who are in the process of building a new scalable platform.
The Engineering Department currently sits at around 70 people and is building out the new digital platform. Each engineer has the tools and guidance to a well-defined engineering progression ladder to allow them to progress to the level they aspire to.
They have also recently introduced Kafka, work on AWS, and have a strong DevOps team to support their Engineers.
Day to day responsibilities:
• Working in cross-functional teams (Engineering, ops and product) and co-own product delivery end-to- end
• You’ll need the ability to build and deploy efficiently
• Take ownership over projects and collaborate closely with team members.
• Contribute to new tech discussions and offer ideas on how to speed up the project / deliver on time or ahead of schedule.
Key skills and experience:
• Strong experience in Java 8 or 11.
• Previous commercial experience working in a continuous automation, deployment, delivery environment.
• Strong understanding of APIs and REST
• Spring or Hibernate
• Experience with Git or similar.
• Good knowledge and understanding of TDD
• Exposure to cloud technologies, ideally AWS.
Nice to have:
• Knowledge and experience with creating microservices
• Willing to attend conferences and meet-ups
• A keen contributor to open source projects
If you would like to hear more regarding this opportunity, then please respond with your most recent CV and we can book in a call to discuss further.