GIS Engineer - £35,000 - £60,000 (DOE) - Oxford
I’m excited to be working exclusively with a brand new client based in Oxford who are looking to interview as soon as possible.
With offices in the UK and across Europe, you’ll be working within a well-established team covering exciting projects within the Aerospace industry. Having been growing steadily since their inception, they now have over 350 employees and they are looking to grow numerous departments and have even bigger plans for the future. As an integral company, your work will contribute to helping millions across the globe.
My client is looking for an experienced GIS Engineer to improve and maintain the GIS offered within the company platform, which provides web services to multiple applications using satellite imagery. These include a variety of applications from detecting environmental threats to monitoring urban impacts on the world and are responsible for improving the lives of millions. The developments are mainly done in Python, Java and PostgreSQL.
- Developing a scalable solution and assisting with deployments and upgrades
- Liaising with team members developing GIS components
- Develop and test new components to ingest the imaging and generate products using CI
- Liaising with partners who will be using the interfaces to develop their applications
- Experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Python Programming experience
- Experience working with databases, ie PostgreSQL
- Understanding of OGC Standards (WMS, WPS, WFS, WCS)
Desirable (but not essential):
- Spanish speaking
Package and Benefits:
- Up to £60,000
- Remote working options following Covid
- 28 days holidays + BH
- 5% Contributory pension
- Flexible working hours