Junior Java Software Developer
£30,000 -£40,000 per annum
Amicus Recruitment are delighted to be working with a trusted partner in the pharmaceutical industry who provide technology-enabled speciality services for companies worldwide.
Priding themselves on their expertise within neuroscience, their digital platform and Artificial Intelligence software is utilised globally within the pharmaceutical industry to gather and interpret brain scan data from MRI scans.
You will be joining a talented, passionate and dedicated team, where you will be collectively innovating and developing cutting-edge technologies to assist their customers and improve their service offering.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Design and develop Neuroscience Applications (predominantly written in Java) both front-end and back-end.
- Collaborate closely with other developers on the team to undergo software analysis, programming, testing and debugging.
- You will be working closely with the Director of Development on best software dev practices, new technologies and tools which can help improve their platform.
- Participate in their Agile Scrum team.
Key skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree/Master’s/PhD from a reputable educational institution in a technical area e.g. Computer Science.
- 1+ years of experience in Java development.
- Some experience in programming using scripting languages e.g. Shell or Python would be preferable.
- Experience of Spring Boot, Hibernate or other similar frameworks/tools.
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s.
- You must be confident with either RDBMS, SQL or PostgreSQL.
- Understanding/knowledge of Design Patterns.
- Previous experience working in a TDD or BDD environment.
- Understanding of DevOps tools e.g. Jenkins, Git or similar.
- Understanding/knowledge of Agile.
As well as a competitive salary of between £30,000 - £40,000 (DOE), they offer a benefits package that includes generous bonus scheme, Pension, 25 days holiday + BH, life assurance, free fruit, flexible working hours, plus many, many others!
Please send a copy of your most up to date CV to email@example.com to be considered