Java Engineer (Liverpool Street)
£60,000 - £90,000 + Benefits
I’m working with an award-winning data and analytics business who are growing out their UK engineering team and are now looking for several talented Java Engineers.
This position offers a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful FinTech start-up and be an integral part of their future growth.
You will be building out their back-end data analytics platform which is widely used across the finance and banking domain. The ideal candidate must be passionate about delivering the highest quality of work and ensuring satisfaction for their end clients.
You must be able to work well within a small and collaborative team, identify and resolve problems and use your initiative to articulate proposed solutions to technical and non-technical members within the business.
Your key responsibilities:
- Ensure quality throughout and take ownership features from design through to deployment
- Work closely alongside the data science team to understand technical requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience coding in Java.
- Solid background and knowledge Java including multi-threading, JDBC and collections.
- Strong SQL background and experience working with basic data structures and algorithms
- Ability to comprehend application architecture.
- Experience with distributed systems and open-source technologies such as Kafka is a bonus.
- Previous experience working with large data sets (ideally financial data) and real-time analytical software
- Experience with or at least a solid understanding of Python, Scala. Spark and Bash scripting
- Previous experience working with DevOps tools such as, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Jenkins, ELK Stack etc…
- Previous experience working on cloud technologies. Ideally AWS.
As well as a competitive salary of £60,000 - £90,000 (DOE), they offer a benefits package that includes stock options, bonus, pension scheme, 25 days holidays + BH, season ticket loan, life assurance, flexible working hours plus many, many others.